The Amarillo Fire Department responded to a fire in the 2800 block of Arthur early Monday morning.

When crews arrived they discovered heavy flames and smoke coming from the residents.

The blaze was brought under control just under 40 minutes and no injuries were reported.

The Amarillo Fire Marshals Office was called out and determined the cause of the fire was accidental from electric wiring causing $40,000 in damages.

With colder temperates taking place, AFD wants to remind all residents to check your smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detectors.