4-Year-Old Dies In Weekend House Fire

A Sunday morning housefire at 1410 North Lincoln Has killed a child.

Amarillo Fire fighters were sent to the blaze at 7:47 a.m. to find the home with no fire showing but a resident was outside waving the firefighters in.

There, they found the four year old victim in the in the backyard with CPR in progress and it appears the blaze had burned itself out before a search of the home was conducted.

The child was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead.

The Fire Marshal’s Office has ruled the fire as accidental and blamed a gas stove used to heat the house.

Officials say the heat from the stovetop caused the cabinets above it to catch fire and fill the home with smoke.

The home received serious fire damage and had a large amount of smoke inside when firemen arrived.