Floor Furnace House Fire

A Saturday morning fire in the 2000 Block of South Washington Street is being blamed on a floor furnace.

Amarillo fire crews found the two-story residence with smoke coming out the front door at 10:45.

They were notified by witnesses that there was still someone inside the house and as they entered the building the occupant came out safely.

APD quickly put the fire out that was coming from the floor furnace, in the entryway of the home, No injuries are reported and the fFire Marshal’s Office determined the blaze was caused by improperly stored combustibles on the furnace