North Heights House Fire
September 7, 2022 9:54AM CDT
Amarillo fire crews worked a fire in the North Heights neighborhood, Tuesday night.
When AFD arrived they found smoke coming out of the open front door at 1616 Northwest 16th at 7:17 p.m. and when they entered the house found a smouldering carpet that had filled the house with smoke.
The fire was quickly put out. There were no injuries, but the homeowner was asleep at the time and a next-door neighbor ran into the house and got the man out in a wheelchair.
It’s been determined the blaze was caused by improperly thrown away smoking material