WTAMU Faculty Members Awarded Promotions and Tenure
May 21, 2021 12:49PM CDT
14 West Texas A&M University Faculty members were recognized for outstanding performances by being awarded tenure and promotions for the 2021-22 academic year.
8 faculty members awarded tenure and promotion to Associate Professor and 5 promotions in academic rank to Professor.
WT says promotion and tenures are a privilege reserved for faculty members who have demonstrated professional accomplishments in instructional responsibilities, intellectual contributions and service.
The faculty members recognized include:
Award of Tenure and Promotion to Rank of Associate Professor
- Dr. Fisseha Alemayehu, Mechanical Engineering
- Dr. Donna Byers, Biology
- Dr. Rahul Chauhan, Management
- Dr. Naruki Hiranuma, Environmental Science
- Dr. Eric Hoffmann, Economics
- Dr. Robert King, Marketing
- Dr. John Shanks, Music
- Dr. Jason Yarbrough, Chemistry
Promotion to Professor
- Dr. Brock Blaser, Plant Science
- Dr. Teri Bingham, Education
- Stephen Crandall, Theatre
- Dr. Emily Kinsky, Communication
- Dr. Amy Von Lintel, Art
- Dr. Barbara Wang, Finance
Retiring employees include:
- Paul Engler College of Agriculture and Natural Sciences: Joel Babitzke, instructor of biology; Dr. Joseph Cepeda, professor of geology; and Dr. Bonnie Pendleton, professor of agriculture;
- Paul and Virginia Engler College of Business: Dr. Sharon Burnett, Edwards Professor of Accounting; Dr. Karyn Friske, professor of accounting and Schaeffer Professor of Business Ethics; Dr. Darlene Pulliam, professor of accounting and McCray Professor of Business; and Alice Upshaw, instructor of accounting;
- College of Engineering: H. Paul Haiduk, instructor of computer sciences; Kim Seward, instructor of mathematics; and Ken Starcher, instructor of engineering technology;
- College of Education and Social Sciences: Dr. Frank Goode, assistant professor of education; Dr. Harry Hueston, professor of criminal justice; and Dr. JoAnn Klinker, associate professor and director of the Ed.D. program;
- Sybil B. Harrington College of Fine Arts and Humanities: Royal Brantley, Regents professor and director of theatre; Dr. Trudy Hanson, professor of communication studies; Connie McKee, associate lecturer of communication studies and director of forensics; and Dr. Denise Parr-Scanlin, professor of music; and
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences: Vicki Hartin, instructor of nursing; and Tommy Sweat, director of Panhandle Area Health Education Center.
The Regents officially approved promotion and tenure at their May 20 meeting.